Friday, June 22, 2012

STILLRECOVERING

it's been almost a year plus since my stroke and my recovery has slowed down and I still have the same problems with my left side being weaker and my left hand is numb still but what I miss the most is the ability to sing. I used to be able to sing just about anything in choirs and choral groups and for some years I was a professional jazz singer but now I can't even do a simple do re mi. It has something to do with my breathing. I still try and I practice breathing exercises every day and I work my hand and walk for the most part with a simple cane and sometimes even without help. But as I say the thing that escapes me is why I can't sing. I was told that I was lucky that my kind of stroke usually recovers fully in six months well obviously that is not quite true. Have you had a stroke? Do you have questions the doctors can't answer so do I. I know they are not God and sometimes they don't know when you ask them about this or that and what you can expect to happen how long will it be, etc. etc. I belong to a stroke organization that is online but even they have not been able to tell me what I can expect and how long my recovery will take. If you have any insights to any of this, would you be so kind as to share them with me.

No comments: