Saturday, June 16, 2012

new poem, time goes by so swiftly

Time goes by so swiftly there's little time left for dreaming the time has come to put dreams into reality but reality can be so cruel I must go forward into that dark night and find the answers to my quest and fulfill my place who am I, what am I what part of the world is my part where do I fit always the dreamer hoping life would be something else yet here am I looking in the mirror, I see the same me the same eyes looking back but the cover, I called my face is not my face anymore life and children have carved their place upon the surface I never liked the cover anyway but now I like it even less oh to be young again and wiser if ever I could wish for anything, it would not be beauty but wisdom the wisdom to know what dream to follow, what dream to abandon the wisdom to know when to persevere and when to let go the wisdom to cherish the ones you love, not things the life we throw away each day so sure there will be another so precious god’s gift to us yes time goes by so swiftly I entered this poem some time ago to one of those internet poetry contests, of course they want me to order a book to see my poem published but maybe it's a winner, would be nice. supposedly I am SEMI=FINALIST BUT I won't hold my breath. I already have my poetry in a couple of other contest books I bought, hehehe

No comments: