Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm still here by Wendy Covill A Stroke Survivor from Bloomfield, Vermont

I'm still here, in this body, that this stroke has left behind. I'm still me where it matters, I am still me in my mind. Although I know I have a future,, I can't help longing for the past, I'm tired of the constant struggles, wondering how long they'll last I want to walk among the flowers with my children at my side, I want to step into the ocean and watch my stroke go with the tide. I want the physical body of my past, with the knowledge of today. Most of all, I want the sadness in my heart to melt away. Unlike the feelings of my loved ones, who are just glad I made it through, I am angry and frustrated at all the things I cannot do I don't know why I lose my temper, and hurt those close to me, There's just so much they have to witness that I don't want them to see So I'll try to move ahead, take it slow, one day at a time, Try to keep a healthy attitude, try to keep an open mind. But if sometimes you see me crying angry tears that sting my eyes, I'm longing for all the stroke took away-it hurts more than you realize

2 comments:

Sorry Gnat said...

You have to grieve - so hard, sending love and prayers

rumu1844@gmail.com said...

thank you xoxo